Providence, R.I. – Monday, March 11, 2019 – Tech Collective, Rhode Island’s foremost Information Technology Association, has expanded its Board of Directors to welcome state and community influencers who will provide strategic guidance in several core areas, including growth imperatives, programming and training opportunities, and the membership experience. The 19 Board of Directors members span many industries and professions.
“The shortage of qualified IT talent has hit an all-time high with more than 3,000 open IT jobs within the state,” says Tim Hebert, Chairman of the Board of Directors. “The Tech Collective is working closely with business to create the programs to rapid expand the state’s technology workforce. We are thrilled to expand our Board of Directors this year from 12 to 19 directors, thereby ensuring that we have a greater diversity of thoughts, perspectives and experience at the table. Our board is representative of the IT industry of today and tomorrow and has rich experience in technology innovation, workforce development and community education.”
A chief priority of the Board of Directors is to provide vision and strategic guidance to ensure that Rhode Island has the technology and innovation workforce of today and tomorrow. Specifically, the Board will focus on:
- Developing the future technology worker by providing the skills, knowledge and experience to allow workers to jump-start their IT career
- Delivering demand-driven workforce development that creates a continuous learning culture to build a vibrant IT workforce
- Driving awareness for pre-K-12 students surrounding careers in STEAM
The 2019 Tech Collective Board of Directors includes:
- Board Chairman Tim Hebert, CEO/Founder of Trilix
- Vice Chairman Joe Devine, Partner and CTO of Bridge Technical Talent
- Treasurer Sandy Ross, Partner, KLR
- Secretary Lisa Shorr, Owner, Secure Futures
- Jason Albuquerque, CISO, Carousel
- Bill Annino, Senior Vice President, Aqueduct Technologies
- Kim Arcand, Visualization Lead, NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory
- Victor Capellan, Superintendent of Schools, Central Falls School District
- Chris Ciunci, Managing Partner, TribalVision
- Susan DeBerardis, Director of HR, AJ Oster
- Sergio Ferriera, Project Manager, Ferreira Concrete Forms
- Siu-Li Khoe, Executive Director, Rhode Island Virtual Reality
- Jacques LaFlamme, CIO of New England Institute of Technology
- Jeanne Lieb, CIO, FM Global
- Pete Moreau, CIO, Amica Mutual
- Keno Mullings, CEO, The Mullings Group, LLC
- Frank Sanchez, President, Rhode Island College
- Michael Sweeney, Co-Founding Partner, Duffy & Sweeney, LTD.
- Douglass Tondreau, Adjunct Professor, URI, and Instructor of Computer Networking and Cybersecurity, Academy for Career Exploration
Devine, who has been working to build computer science career pathways and has been a supporter of the Tech Collective for almost two decades, was appointed by the Board of Directors to serve as Interim Executive Director.
“Since the 1990s, the Tech Collective has served as the technology hub for Rhode Island, partnering with various companies, individuals, the government, nonprofits and academia, among others, to develop our state’s great technology leaders,” says Devine. “We have a fantastic lineup of Board members this year who will usher us into our most impactful year to date. From expanding our programming and development opportunities, to striking up new partnerships, the Tech Collective will continue to redefine the ways in which we can positively impact our local technology community.”
Members of the Board of Directors will be at several upcoming Tech Collective events, from the CIO Forum meet-up on March 6 to the Agile series that takes place in April. To register for upcoming Tech Collective events and meet the Board, click here. To learn more about each Board member’s background, click here to read his/her biography.