P-Tech Mentor Experience
P-Tech Mentor Program Overview
The P-Tech (Pathways in Technology Early College High School) pairs Rhode Island technology/business professionals with Providence high school students in a Mentor-Mentee relationship. This program creates incredible opportunity for students while also supplying a steady stream of trained employees for local organizations.
Students enrolled in P-TECH take college-level courses while in high school and graduate high school with a diploma and potentially an Associates Degree in Computer Science from CCRI. During the school year, we pair students with a Mentor who can help them understand the world of work, improve their business communication skills, explore technology, and cultivate a strong relationship with a local professional.
Through these partnerships, our mentees are more likely to: Through these partnerships, our mentees:
Stay focused and be present in school, more determined to achieve their goals!
- Realize that someone cares about them, that they matter and that they can have a brighter future!
- Understand the connection between what they learn in the classroom and the real world.
- Improve their ability to communicate with adults.
The Mentor Experience
- The Mentor program runs from November to June
- Each new mentor will have a single mentee
- Mentors are expected to connect with their mentees at least 3 times per month ideally once per week (all virtual during COVID)
- Mentors will be supported like never before in the P-Tech program:
- Training on the Chronus platform in September
- Mentor training in October Resource Guides
- Conversation Starters
- Mentees biggest need is for guidance with workforce skills needed in a professional environment:
- Communication skills, goal setting, collaboration, presentation skills
To apply to be a Mentor today, please fill out the form below!
For more information on the P-TECH mentor program: Creusa Michelazzo, Director of Strategic Partnerships firstname.lastname@example.org