Tech Collective is Rhode Island’s foremost Information Technology Association, ensuring that our state’s technology industry has the talent and resources it needs to compete and grow.
The Program Manager’s position reports to the Executive Director (ED) and develops and implements workforce development training programs and events serving Rhode Island’s technology industry. This individual will collaborate closely with the program steering committees, program communities, members, partners, and Tech Collective staff members. They are accountable and responsible for the growth and success of their assigned programs and the duties outlined below, working within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Grow your technical knowledge, expertise, and ability to determine and communicate how your programs support and increase the skill level of the technology workforce.
- Develop and manage steering committees for managed programs.
- Responsible for the development of the community for managed programs through relationship building and networking.
- Create a program mission/vision summary, budget, and a rolling eighteen month calendar for managed programs.
- Work with program community, training partners, and members to develop and execute individual demand-driven program trainings and events.
- Setup for events and meetings: move furniture, clean event space, coordinate and setup refreshments/meals
- Create and distribute event or training promotional content
- Maximize successful participation in program trainings and events.
- Work with business development manager and executive director to grow members and sponsors from program communities.
- Collect data from trainings and events for trend analysis, process improvement, program capacity building, and sharing of best practices with other team members.
- Assist in the grant writing process for managed programs.
- Develop and grow relationships with members.
- Work with the entire Tech Collective team to create and deliver an outstanding member experience from the time they agree to join.
- Keep members aware of upcoming trainings and networking events.
- Collaborate with the entire Tech Collective team and the ED to ensure you are working with assigned prospects to convert to members.
- Identify opportunities and challenges as well as develop strategies to increase revenues from events and sponsorships.
- Coordinate with the entire Tech Collective team to ensure we are working in a collaborative way to develop deep relationships with our partners.
- Keep partners aware of upcoming trainings and networking events.
- College degree in related field with 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong business planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and database management
- An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively
- Physical ability to move furniture and lift up to 30 pounds
To apply for the Program Manager position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com