Women in Tech: Stories of Overcoming Bias
January 29 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm UTC+0
Join us for a panel and roundtable discussion to hear from 5 outstanding women in tech on how they’ve overcome bias and workplace obstacles.
At our celebratory event in October, we acknowledged how far we’ve come and also identified that many of the challenges women in tech faced, still exist. This event will address the questions we heard from attendees on how to deal with specific challenges and situations.
- Zalyndria Crosby; Software Developer at Marstone; Inc. and Instructor at Girl Develop It
- Kim Couryner; Systems Administrator at OSHEAN
- Meghan Martinez; Cyber Incident Response Lead at Mass Mutual
- Lauren Mullaney-Reid; Product Manager at MojoTech
- Nell Nanue Paye; Business Analyst at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Kristina Bacon; Quality Assurance Senior Specialist and Women in Tech ERG Leader at Amgen
For the Tech Collective member discount code, please contact: Amanda.Roman@tech-collective.org
Host Your Event
Tech Collective serves as both the virtual and physical hub of Rhode Island’s tech community. Located in the Rising Sun Mills, we are equipped with a shared space for collaboration that cuts across industries, specializations, as well as cultural differences and socio-economic statuses.