The Leadership Edge – Leadership Skills That Can Change Your Life and Your World
September 29 @ 12:30 pm - November 17 @ 4:30 pm EDT
The world is changing at an incredible pace and the workforce we lead is changing even faster. Whether you lead a team, a department, or an entire organization, this training system is for you. Join a growing community of leaders learning new skills and updating old ones. With a team of like-minded leaders, you will learn and practice leadership skills that will not only change your organization but will also change how you live your life.
The Leadership Edge will be provided in eight, four-hour virtual workshops. Each workshop will cover important information necessary to lead in the 21st century. Students should expect to participate in team exercises during the workshop as well as have introspective work to do between workshops. The workshops will cover the following areas:
- Session #1 Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Session #2 Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Session #3 Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Session #4 Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Session #5 Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Session #6 Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Session #7 Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Session #8 Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- Session 1 – Challenges in Leadership – in this session, we will introduce the entire program and discuss why leadership is so different today than it was 50 years ago.
- Session 2 – Employee Engagement and Safety – one of the biggest productivity problems organizations deal with today is getting employees engaged and inspired to do the work they were hired to do. In this session, we’ll discuss why this happens and what leaders can do to encourage engagement and inspire innovation and experimentation.
- Session 3 – Emotional Intelligence – a strong leader is sensitive to the people who follow her. In this session, we will explore steps you can take as a leader that will not only improve trust and respect between you and your employees, but also allow you to diagnose when employees aren’t achieving what you KNOW they can do.
- Session 4 – Continuous Learning and Personal Productivity – most organizations take a completely ineffective approach to improving productivity by attempting to measure it and then set higher and higher goals. Productivity is not an outcome; it’s a by product of something else. In this session we’ll discuss what you need to do as a leader to engage your employees to not only improve productivity, but to own responsibility for continuous improvement.
- Session 5 – Leading Teams – most organizations today do not understand what it means to create and lead a team. In this session, we’ll give you clear steps you can follow to create self-managing, highly collaborative, and high producing teams.
- Session 6 – Motivation – what do you need to do to motivate employees to achieve the goals of the organization? In this session, we’ll discuss what motivation is, how to understand it, and how to use it to improve the outcomes and value your teams produce.
- Session 7 – Visionary Leadership and Servant Leadership – what does it mean to lead with a vision? What does it mean to “serve” while you lead? Both are important elements of any strong leader. In this session, we’ll explore how visions can help you lead anything from a team to an entire organization. We’ll also explore what it means to serve your teams as a leader.
- Session 8 – Synergy and Power in Leadership – in this final step in The Leadership Edge training program, we’ll discuss how to create a synergistic organization and how to recognize, correct, and avoid the abuse of power as a leader.
What participants can expect to gain: In this training system, you will learn how and why leadership has changed, how to create an environment that encourages innovation and learning, and how to help those you lead become truly invested personal and organizational goals and visions. You will learn how to create trusting relationships amongst your followers and how to improve both team and individual productivity. You will learn what it takes to create radical collaboration, amazingly motivated teams, and a shared pursuit of success. With the skills you can learn in The Leadership Edge you can, quite literally, change your world.
Short Bio: For more than 35 years, Jim Schiel has been leading teams, managing businesses, and teaching others to create high value outcomes in safe, highly productive work environments. This gave Jim the unique opportunity to investigate ways to motivate, innovate and educate employees and coworkers, discarding the less effective approaches and honing the practices that work. He’s gained broad international training experience in diverse workplaces and heavily regulated industries, including healthcare and finance. Having seen the physical and mental damage that can be done by poor leadership and toxic work environments, Jim dedicates his life to helping others build vibrant, successful organizations that provide value to their customers and create innovative, challenging work environments for their employees.
Some Important Additional Details:
Our “The Leadership Edge – Leadership Skills That Can Change Your Life and Your World” is taking place on Microsoft Teams. If you have never logged into a Microsoft Teams meeting before, be sure to give yourself time beforehand to download Teams.
The link for the event will be sent out before the event. If you have not received the link please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send it to you again.
Please plan on arriving at about 12:25 pm as we will start promptly at 12:30 pm.
The Leadership Edge – Leadership Skills That Can Change Your Life and Your World” will run until 4:30 pm with ample time for Q&A
Cameras on! Please plan on turning your camera on so we can all connect as we learn.
If you would like to contribute to our programming by hosting a session, please email email@example.com
Questions? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org