- This event has passed.
The Leadership Challenge Workshop
May 8 @ 8:30 am - May 9 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
The Leadership Challenge Workshop will leave you with the perspective and tool sets to become a more intentional, exemplary leader. In this interactive, experiential workshop, you will dive deep into The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership:
- Model the Way: Set an example by redefining standards of excellence
- Inspire a Shared Vision: Craft your vision and inspire others to join you in the quest
- Challenge the Process: Pinpoint opportunities for change and ignite a movement
- Enable Others to Act: Foster environments of collaboration, spirited dialogue and co-creation
- Encourage the Heart: Celebrate the achievements of others, making them the everyday hero
You will leave with a better understanding on how to:
- Lead with greater purpose and intentionality, no matter where you sit in the corporate org chart
- Empower teams and those around you to reach heightened levels of team and organizational success
- Craft, execute and inspire around your vision
- Pinpoint and explain your fundamental core values and beliefs
- Affect change and create lasting, positive impact
- Take calculated risk and experiment without fear of failure
- Build healthy, supportive workplace culture
The Leadership Challenge is facilitated by Tim Hebert. Tim is founder and CEO of Trilix Tech and former CEO of Atrion, which was acquired by Carousel Industries and is where he currently serves as chief client officer. He holds significant leadership roles within Rhode Island as a Trustee for the RI Public Expenditure Council, a Director of the RI Commerce Corporation, and a board member for several non-profits including Tech Collective, Boy Scouts of America-Narragansett Council, RI Museum of Science and Art (RIMOSA), and Greenschools.
Priase from a past attendee:
“I got an opportunity to attend one of the leadership workshops by Tech Collective. One of the important things that I learned from the workshop was that leadership and management are not the same, which I couldn’t differentiate before. Anybody can become a leader, provided we have a strong core value system, the drive to make things better, engage with people, inspire and encourage them for a common goal/vision. Thank you Tech Collective for enlightening me.” -Information Systems Analyst
The Leadership Challenge will be held 8:30am – 5pm May 8th & 9th in the Trilix Training Room at Tech Collective. Lunch will be provided both days.
Tech Collective members attend the training for only $300. Please contact Shannon Menihan for the member discount code or with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-521-7805 ext. 113.
Host Your Event
Tech Collective serves as both the virtual and physical hub of Rhode Island’s tech community. Located in the Rising Sun Mills, we are equipped with a shared space for collaboration that cuts across industries, specializations, as well as cultural differences and socio-economic statuses.