Rhode Island CIO Forum
February 13 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm UTC+0
Building an Innovation Initiative
When building an innovation initiative –
- What needs to be decided and who needs to be involved?
- Do you need to be a start up or early stage to be innovative?
- How do you build a culture of innovation?
Michael Lebovitz, Senior Vice President of Innovation at FM Global, will answer these questions and share how FM Global built their own innovative initiative. From building a mission and vision, to creating a governance structure that fits with their corporate direction and organizational culture. Find out how they targeted opportunities, understood customer needs through design thinking and ethnographic interviewing, and their involvement in the innovation ecosystem both here in RI and elsewhere.
- Learn the importance of setting a north star for your company – setting the direction your company is going in, communicating it, and how to know when you’re on target
- Gain insight into strategies being used to engage clients
- Hear what FM Global is working on and what their innovation team has brought to the organization
Michael C. Lebovitz, is the Senior Vice President of Innovation at FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial and industrial provider insurers. Lebovitz leads a unit responsible for developing innovative, market leading products and services that disrupt the insurance landscape for the benefit of FM Global clients.
Following the presentation there will be a cocktail hour.
Ample free parking is available at 188 Valley Street and directly across the street at 181 Valley Street.
*This event is for CIOs and CTOs
Host Your Event
Tech Collective serves as both the virtual and physical hub of Rhode Island’s tech community. Located in the Rising Sun Mills, we are equipped with a shared space for collaboration that cuts across industries, specializations, as well as cultural differences and socio-economic statuses.