- This event has passed.
Introduction to Lean
November 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
Introduction to Lean
The reality of business today is companies that are more efficient than their competitors in providing customers with high-quality goods and services will thrive. Companies that are less efficient than their competitors will perish. Lean is an operational philosophy used to achieve continual gains in productivity while satisfying customer’s expectations for quality and prompt delivery. The key principle of lean is that waste is the underlying driver of inefficiency. By identifying and eliminating waste, companies can reduce their costs, secure profits and meet customer’s expectations . . . surviving today’s difficult climate.
- What is Lean
- Cost, Principle and Value
- It’s About the Value Stream and Flow
- What is Value and Waste
- How Do We Remove the Waste
- Lean Leadership
- Peek at Other Lean Tools
- Comprehend the foundation of Lean
- Acquire familiarity with Lean terminology
- Understand how to see and identify the eight forms of waste
- Thorough understanding of value added and non-value added activity
- Recognize the value of Lean as a process improvement tool
- Be aware of with the four Lean “Rules in Use”
- Realize the need to make continuous improvement in the workplace
- High level understanding of Lean foundational tools
Facilitated by Diane Pesaturo of Exceeda Consulting, Inc.
Diane is a Lean and Information Technology professional and trainer with over 25 years of experience in Continuous Improvement and the technology field. She has held the positions of Systems Analyst, Project Manager, Director of Information Technology and currently is President at Exceeda Consulting, Inc. which she founded with her husband in 2008.
Diane has led and supported Lean, process improvement and technology project implementations at companies in diverse industries. These projects have focused on matching the best technology solutions to the needs of the business, ultimately supporting the overall strategy of the company. Diane’s strength lies in her ability to blend lean methodology to application technology by defining and streamlining workflows that leads to improved bottom-line results. She believes in implementing systems that remove waste from the process and improve value from the customer perspective; not technology for technology’s sake.
Diane holds a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems from the University of Rhode Island, is a certified Business Analyst and Six-Sigma Green Belt.