Cybersecurity Bootcamp designed to help employers develop their incumbent workers to keep up with federal regulations
Providence, RI – October 24, 2017 – Tech Collective, RI’s technology hub, in partnership with itSM Solutions LLC and UMass Lowell, is proud to add the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) certification bootcamp to its training portfolio. The cybersecurity workforce development program is built around a NIST-based Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) Controls Factory™ model created by Larry Wilson, the CISO in the President’s office at UMass.
The bootcamp program was used to train the engineering, operations and business teams responsible for operationalizing the NIST Cybersecurity Framework Program controls across UMass’s five campuses before being brought to Rhode Island.
The UMass Lowell NCSF-Controls Factory™ Model certification training program helps organizations acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Develop a strategy to adopt the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF)
- Create a Cybersecurity Program that will become policy for an organization
- Engineer a solution to operationalize the cybersecurity program across an enterprise and its supply chain using the UMass NCSF Controls Factory™ Model (NCSF-CFM)
- Build and Operate a Security Operations Center (SOC) to continuously monitor and respond to changes in the cybersecurity profile documented in the cybersecurity program
- Conduct continuous Business Risk assessments to compare the current profile against the target profile (documented in the plan) to identify any gaps that need to be addressed
The announcement of this training program follows the Department of Labor and Training and Governor Raimondo’s cybersecurity roundtable discussion held at Tech Collective on Monday morning. The discussion was held to discover industry pain points around cybersecurity talent issues and develop solutions.
“Governor Raimondo stressed the importance of protecting the digital security of our citizens, institutions and businesses,” said John Smithers CEO of Tech Collective. “To ensure improved security and economic growth, business and academic leaders agree a new level of collaboration is required. Tech Collective is pleased to be taking direction from the cybersecurity working group to develop this and future programs.”
The NCSF Bootcamp combines the NCSF Foundation Course, NCSF Practitioner Course, and the Certification Exam into one week-long program. The bootcamp is being sponsored by Washington Trust.
For more information on the NCSF bootcamp, curriculum, and to sign up, click here. For questions, please contact: Shannon O’Donnell, Program Manager, Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-521-7805 x.113.
About Tech Collective
As the technology hub of Rhode Island, Tech Collective partners with companies, nonprofits, entrepreneurs, government, academia, and the technology workforce. Tech Collective strives to encourage and develop diverse populations to enrich the technology community. Partnership is open to all who are passionate about the growth of technology innovation and opportunity for all in Rhode Island.